Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflection 4: Podcasting, my way to mastery of English

http://www.englishthroughstories.com/scripts/scripts.html

I have found this webpage with a serie of histories. We can practice listening and reading, because the histories are available as a podcast and as a written history. All these histories are connected eachother. At least for me, I was looking for histories, and these look very interesting.
However, the most useful for me about this podcast,is that the narrator gives explanations about expressions, and how they can be used and what they mean.
Usually, we listen in the everyday life some things that do not make us sense, because they are "slangs" or expression that are part of these language, and as not native speakers, we do not have to know them.
Probably, this is a good way for learning some of them, and for practicing other ones that we already know, but we do not use them often.

1 comment:

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Felipe,
I think that choosing a series of a narrative that is ongoing is a great choice for building into your program for continuing your English development. I wasn't sure quite what you meant by 'histories'. Could you explain?
Gina